|Hello and welcome to Sportstar‘s LIVE coverage of Day 4 of the Tokyo Olympics with fencer Bhavani Devi kicking off proceedings followed by Archery where the men’s team will be competing in the Round of 16. Indian boxers, swimmers and shuttlers will also be in action as the day progresses.|
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Bhavani Devi beat Nadia Ben Azizi 15-3 to enter the Table of 32.
ARCHERY: MEN’S TEAM ROUND OF 16
– India (52 – 10, 9, 9, 8, 7, 9) drops score but in the end it takes the two set points home quite comfortably.
– India with a score of 55 (9, 9, 8, 9, 10, 10) in the first set leads 2-0 over Kazakhstan (54).
FENCING: WOMEN’S SABRE TABLE OF 64
– Bhavani, who created history earlier by becoming the first fencer to qualify for the Games, has taken things a step further! The Chennai superstar cruises into the Round of 32 with an absolutely dominant performance. 15 touches to 3.
She will face fourth-seeded Manon Brunet of France next. That game will begin at 7:40 AM IST.
– 14-3: The Tunisian delays the inevitable with two back-to-back points. One more point to go for Bhavani to enter the history books. AGAIN.
– Ben Azizi gets her first point only moments after the first half as Bhavani lets out a cry of frustration. 9-1.
– Forced to parry next, Bhavani couldn’t care less as she goes on to register an 8-0 lead at the break. She is making things look easy here.
– Bhavani charges in aggressively to score the first two touches. Woah!
DID YOU KNOW?
Eight-time national champion Bhavani Devi has is the first Indian fencer to have qualified for the Tokyo Games through the Adjusted Official Ranking (AOR) method. Click here to find out more about her.
INDIANS IN ACTION ON JULY 26
- FENCING: Women’s Sabre Table of 64 – Bhavani Devi vs Nadia Ben Azizi – 5:30 AM IST
- ARCHERY: Men’s team round of 16 – Atanu Das, Pravin Jadhav, Tarundeep Rai – 6:00 AM IST
Men’s team medal rounds (Subject to qualification) – 10:15 AM IST
- BADMINTON: Men’s doubles group play – Satwiksairaj Rankireddy & Chirag Shetty vs Marcus Fernaldi Gideon & Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo – 9:10 AM IST
- TENNIS: Men’s singles – Sumit Nagal vs Daniil Medvedev – Not before 10:30 AM IST
- BOXING: Middleweight – Ashish Kumar vs Erbieke Tuoheta – 3:06 PM IST
- HOCKEY: Indian women’s team vs Germany – 5:45 PM IST
- SAILING: Men’s laser race 3 – Vishnu Saravanan – 8:35 AM IST
Women’s Laser Radial race 3 – Nethra Kumanan – 11:05 AM IST
- SHOOTING: Men’s skeet qualification day 2 – Angad Bajwa, Mairaj Ahmad Khan – 6:30 AM IST
Final (Subject to qualification) – 12:20 PM IST
- SWIMMING: Men’s 200m butterfly heats – Sajan Prakash – 3:46 PM IST
- TABLE TENNIS: Men’s singles round 2 – A. Sharath Kamal vs Tiago Apolonia – 6:30 AM IST
Women’s singles round 2 – Sutirtha Mukherjee vs Fu Yu – 8:30 AM IST
Women’s singles round 3 – Manika Batra vs Sofia Polcanova – Not before 11:00 AM IST
One thought on “Tokyo 2020 Olympics LIVE Updates, Streaming: Fencer Bhavani Devi enters Table of 32, to face fourth seed Manon Brunet”
Best view i have ever seen !